Where inspiration strikes.
Are you a martial artist looking for inspiration?
Here you will find creative ideas and solutions to help you teach your classes or seminars, navigate your own learning and promote your martial art.
CHECK OUT THE MOST RECENT POSTS:
- Are You Practicing Bullsh!t Bunkai? - I write this as a type of public service announcement that not all that glitters is gold. Please don’t teach bad self-defense just so the movements match the kata!
- Is This The Return of Kata? - Because solo templates are and have always been a pivotal part of Karate’s practice, a focus on solo practice has lent itself to an ease of adaptability in current times. In this blog, we look a little bit further at why.
- Things I’ve Learned From BJJ As A Karate Black Belt - In this post, I explore how my experience a karate black belt, enlightens the path I walk as a BJJ practitioner and vice versa.
- Want To Be Good At Martial Arts? It’s About Time In. - Whether your a serious competitor or just pursuing martial arts as a hobby, its all about how many hours of work you invest in. It’s the time you spend working technique and the energy you expend to master it that determines your skill and rank.
- Beginner’s Guide to Surviving a Koryu Uchinadi Gasshuku - If you've never attended a martial arts seminar before, you might not be sure what to expect and you may be a little intimated. So, I made up a short guide to help those who are new to get the most out of their training and the extracurricular activities.